Community outreach is a high priority at Southern Hills Hospital. Along with community and family events such as the annual Hot Air Balloon Festival, Southern Hills Hospital works closely with local schools to provide education to students interested in healthcare careers.
High School to Healthcare Scholarship Fund
Southern Hills Hospital is proud to partner with The Public Education Foundation to create the High School to Healthcare Scholarship Fund for high school seniors looking to pursue healthcare curriculums in college. Thanks to sponsor and vendor support from the annual Hot Air Balloon Festival sponsored by Southern Hills Hospital, the hospital has awarded $60,000 to 15 Nevada high school seniors since 2014. The students receive $1,000 each for four years toward their college education.
What is the award amount?
- $1,000 per year for four years for a total of $4,000 per recipient (subject to change)
How do I apply?
- The application season is now closed. However, the season runs from November to February and scholarship applications can be accessed at The Public Education Foundation.
When the application process opens again, what are the application requirements?
- 500 word essay explaining why you are interested in healthcare
- Financial Need Letter explaining why you need assistance with your college expenses
- Three letters of recommendation
For more information, please contact us.